Social Media

June 16, 2013

Because You're You

There's something about you that inspires me,
much like the sun at night caressing the sea.
There's something about you that makes me want to be better;
a pirate sailing the oceans no matter the weather.

Because you are the person I always look up to,
when I'm lost, wandering, without a clue.
You are my picture perfect reflection,
standing by close at each intersection.

And I honestly don't know how you do it,
without ever really saying "I quit". (Although I guess I do.)
Because I see it everyday behind those eyes;
courage, hope, strength, someone who tries.

And yes, while I do know that we sometimes fight,
and most of the time you're the one who's right,
I also know that you are a hero, the real one,
the one who's always there when all is said and done.

So with that in mind, let me tell you this,
so that after I can give you a kiss.
I admire you,
I respect you,
and I love you.

I love you because you believe in my dream,
even though sometimes it makes you want to scream.

I love you because you taught me how to be strong
when everything around me seems to be going wrong.

I love you because you appreciate the little things,
not the lives of the rich, the queens, and the kings.

I love you for a million more reasons, but most of all,
I love you because you're you.